To enable all of the above features, you must first have activated the Find My iPhone feature on your iPhone.
How to enable Find My iPhone
– Open settings.
Now you will see Apple ID under the search bar in the first tab of the settings screen, which you need to click.
Now click on Find My option, which is the third option after iCloud and Media & Purchases.
Then select the Find My iPhone option. Now enable Find My iPhone option.
After completing the steps mentioned above, you are ready to find your lost iPhone. Log in to icloud.com/find to find the location of your lost iPhone or delete data.
How to view a lost iPhone on a map
– Go to the link above and after login, enter the Apple ID and password through the browser. Immediately after that, the location of your iPhone will be detected automatically.
After a few seconds, the location of your iPhone will be visible on the screen via the map.
– If the device is visible in an unknown location, users are warned not to attempt to retrieve their iPhone themselves. Instead, you can enlist the help of the law.
Play a sound on your lost iPhone
After the phone is found, you will see All devices at the top of the map, which you need to click.
– Select your missing iPhone model from the drop-down menu.
Now a floating box will appear in the top right corner of the screen, showing the picture of your iPhone, the phone’s name and the remaining battery.
– Now you click the Play Sound button, which will make your iPhone vibrate and make a beeping sound that gradually gets louder even when your phone is in silent mode. This feature is especially useful if you forget to keep your iPhone in a nearby room or place. You have to unlock your phone to stop the sound.
How to Mark Your iPhone as Lost
– Click the Lost Mode button in the floating window.
– You will be asked to enter an optional phone number that you have. This number will appear on your lost iPhone. You will now be prompted to enter a custom message that will also appear on your iPhone. Keep in mind that these steps are optional. Lost Mode automatically locks your iPhone with a passcode to ensure all data is protected.
Now click Done.
How to Erase Data on Your Lost iPhone
– Click the Erase iPhone button in the floating window.
Your confirmation will be requested in a pop-up message. Please note that confirming this will delete all data on your phone. The lost information cannot be found and tracked by the iPhone.
Now click on Clear.